Ozone cleaning service. The safe, fast and effective disinfection service
By Green Maids | December 7, 2021 | Blog | comments 0
Are you looking for an ozone cleaning service? do you want to contribute to the well-being of your customers by eliminating odours and infectious microorganisms? or are you interested in ozone disinfection treatment to have the least possible impact on your business?
If you answered ‘yes’ to one of these questions, you can count on the expertise of Green Maids Canada. We offer ozone clean and disinfect your office, store, tourist apartment, commercial premises or building in Vancouver.
Ozone disinfection is the most effective cleaning treatment against bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microorganisms such as COVID-19. It both purifies the air and sterilizes all types of surfaces. In addition, its deodorizing action eliminates persistent bad odours.
Ozone sterilization of any surface
Ozone is a gas obtained through an electrical discharge that converts the oxygen (O2), that we all breathe, into ozone (O3). Acquiring highly destructive properties of viruses, bacteria, fungi, spores, algae and protozoa; which contributes to the disinfection and deodorization of spaces and surfaces.
These qualities make ozone an important weapon in the mitigation of COVID-19 since according to information from the World Health Organization (WHO). The virus can survive on surfaces such as railings (3 days), handles (3 days), plastic (3 days), telephones (3 days), keyboards (3 days), stainless steel (3 days), cardboard, paper or cellulose (24 hours), copper, coins (4 hours) and gloves (8 hours).
In addition, ozone sterilization can disinfect any surface, whether it is metal, wood, plastic, textile…
Air purification with ozone
One of the most interesting benefits of ozone cleaning is air purification. Ozone is not only effective in disinfecting the environment from germs, bacteria and viruses. But also, in decontaminating the air from toxins and other volatile organic compounds harmful to health.
Ozone acts very effectively to achieve excellent environmental quality in indoor spaces such as nightclubs, bars, restaurants, hotel rooms, clean rooms or any other space that requires air purity control for whatever reason.
We can guarantee that, after the passage of our ozone disinfection equipment, the air breathed in your facilities is completely healthy.
Odour removal with ozone
One of the consequences of using ozone to clean the air turns out to be the elimination of odours. The versatility of ozone can solve the problems generated by all kinds of stenches. Including those derived from putrefied food, from production processes that cause toxic odours or, for example, from the preparation of food in restaurant kitchens or food industries.
So, if you have unpleasant odours in your office, restaurant, medical center or commercial premises, ozonating the space will contribute to the well-being of your customers. And, in the case of a workplace, to improve your employees’ ability to concentrate.
Benefits of ozone in cleaning and disinfection services
Ozone offers many benefits for the cleaning of public places, workplaces or your home. Ozone cleaning and disinfection services include a wide range of benefits among which:
- Effective disinfectant: Due to its high oxidation capacity ozone causes the inactivation of infectious agents.
- Ozone eliminates bad odours, sterilizes any type of surface (metals, plastics, fabrics…), decontaminates water and purifies the air.
- Disinfects corners that are hard to reach with other disinfection methods.
- Ozone reduces cleaning and disinfection times. Therefore, it has a reduced impact on your company’s activity.
- Ozono is safe: it disintegrates in a very short time (between 20 and 60 minutes), leaves no traces, does not give off odours or smoke.
- An ozone cleaning service respects the environment.
Precautions against the use of ozone
The only route of exposure to ozone is inhalation. If it is breathed in large quantities (greater than those recommended in the regulations, or for long periods) Ozone, like any other oxidizing agent, can be harmful if not handled correctly in its applications.
Due to its irritant nature, ozone exposure is well regulated:
- UNE 400-201-94 safety recommendations: <100 µg/m³ (equivalent to 0.05 ppm).
- The Environmental Limit Values (ELV) of the INSHT (National Institute of Safety and Hygiene at Work) establish exposure limits for ozone depending on the activity carried out, the most restrictive value being 0.05 ppm (daily exposures of 8 hours) and 0.2 ppm for periods of less than 2 hours.
- The EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) establishes a standard of 0.12 ppm for 1 hour of exposure.
- The WHO (World Health Organization) proposes a reference value of 120 µg/m³ or 0.06 ppm for a maximum period of 8 hours.
If breathed in large quantities, ozone can cause eye or throat irritation, which usually passes after breathing fresh air for a few minutes.
As for its use in water, ozone dissolved in water is harmless and poses no health risk.
Green Maids Canada Ozone Cleaning Service
In Green Maids Canada we follow a protocol in the performance of the ozone cleaning service to ensure the provision of an effective and safe disinfection service.
To do this, we follow a series of steps that result in:
- Complete evaluation of the place to be cleaned and disinfected with ozone.
- If the ozonization cannot be done outside working hours, we communicate to the users of the place the steps we will follow and the precautions to be taken.
- We vacate the spaces to be treated and remove possible substances that could react with ozone, such as fuels, tools that produce sparks or flames…
- For each room, we proceed to the treatment with a portable ozone generator, starting from the farthest part of the access door.
- Access to the ozone-treated space is prevented for one hour.
- Once the safety period is over, the objects that have been removed are manually disinfected before being put back in place.
These steps ensure the quality of the ozone cleaning service that Green Maids Canada provides across the Lower Mainland. Contact us and get a free quote.